welcome to 39th.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Welcome to 39th! "The Modern Man"

Hello and welcome to my new blog site "39th." I'd have to say an introduction is in order for this new blogger. My name is Ryan Hoover and I recently graduated from Union University with a degree in advertising and political science. 

Sadly, I'm not one of those guys who had people telling me all the time, "Hey Ryan, you should blog." It was just one of those conclusions I had to come to by myself. I wanted a place to share with my audience some tips on fashion, views on sports, politics and faith and collect a forum of ideas for modern men.

So now you're saying, "what the heck is a modern man and am I one?" 

Hopefully if you are a man, you know that you are one, however, I distinguish the term "modern" for myself for different reasons. The cliche thing to do here would be to tell you Webster's definition...so I guess I'll follow in suit (not very modern of me). "Modern" simply means to be up-to-date and progressing forward. One of the things I've learned in my very short life is becoming stagnant in one idea or another leads to monotony and failure. Of course there are obvious exceptions like Coca-Cola and The Wall Street Journal, but static behavior in one's life leads to dullness. Take divorced marriages for example: three of the top five reasons for divorce could be categorized under "things never changed." Whether its boredom, assumption or lack of communication, everyone needs a spark of adventure and invention throughout their lives.
Still not sure if you're a modern man or not? Here's a short quiz:
1. Does Raisin Bran come up in everyday conversation?
2. Does khakis and white shirts fill your closet?
3. Are relaxed fit jeans all you will buy because everything else is "too tight?"

If you answer yes to all of the above, you need to work on your modernism (and not like Tiger is working on his "Buddhism.")

I hope you will continue to join me throughout my blogging experience. Upcoming are articles include my simplification of the Republican primaries, three clothing brands you may not know and my ideas for improving the NBA with some help from my good friend, Keith Edwards.

Now I'm off to broil salmon. Seriously.

Cheers. 
Ryan.

Listening to Relient K's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
Wearing J.Crew soft-wash tee and Monarch jeans


No comments:

Post a Comment